Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Plan

Yes I know a plan and yet another blog post on yet another blog.  I have finally had some clarity and have a plan at least about my blog(or blogs).  You can read my Tangled Stitch Blog about my hand embroidery and fiber art at Tangled Stitch.  You can read my political blog at DebraAnn Left of Center.  I am a purplish liberal but have room at my table for many different ideology believers.

And I am resurrecting The Connections That Bind Us with a renewed focus on the connections that bind us.  I am going to make it a plan to meet one interesting new person every single day and find something(anything really) that I have in common with them.  It won't necessarily be political unless that is the one thing that I have in common with them and it won't necessarily be artistic unless that is the one thing I have in common with them.  But I like people, I like meeting new people and can find something to talk about with everybody I meet. I'm going to venture into the photography world, which is a joke really since I don't like having my own picture taken and I take lousy pictures but I can make people laugh and people always look better with a smile on their face.

I'll start with myself.  I am DebraAnn. I'm a hand embroidery/fiber artist but sadly I have no groupies nor patrons.   I'm 5 foot tall, curvy(yes curvy not pleasingly plump), with soon to be brown hair and a charming smile.  I like to laugh, like to talk, like to hand embroider, and like to read.  I love music, all types of music.  I have a brother Tony who I call Ant(he does not look like an ant), a son Brian, a bunch of wonderful friends and a doorway to a new life.

I am imagining myself the work of my dreams, the home of my dreams, the life of my dreams and the purpose of my dreams.  I am imagining myself in a few months with answers to all those questions using the workbook in ZEN and the Art of Making a Living by Laurence C. Boldt.  I am a very spiritual type and for the life of me I can not figure out the road map quite yet.  But the first step on the journey is knowing it is time to take the first step on the journey and the first step is now. 

I've been going through quite the spiritual awakening the last few months and I have faith and believe the answer is in myself I just have to ask the right questions.  A book called the Zen of Making a Living hopefully has my soul and what it might want at the forefront.  At the moment the biggest contender is becoming a nun at New Skete and eating cheesecake.  Surprisingly I'm going to test my options first, although I really can't think of a more beautiful place to live and a more beautiful thing to eat.  Who doesn't love cheesecake?

I've been kind of stymied the last few months because frankly when you leave a 25 year marriage without a plan and a breakdown in the middle of it, it is kind of hard to chart a course for the next 25 years. Although I do hope I do not end up eating cat food out of a can in 25 years, cheesecake great idea, catfood not so much.

So there you have my story, hopefully there is something you can connect with in that mish mosh of utter spiritually, inspired chaos.  I am hoping you will read my blog and like my assortment of interesting people I don't know yet.    If you would like to be interviewed as my interesting person of the day please email me.  That hopefully will entice at least one person for days when I decide to embroider instead of embarking on a road trip.

I can't promise Hemingway, but I can probably make you laugh or at least smile.  And on those days I"m totally uninspired I will share music or something else that perhaps will make a connection.  Actually I'm thinking bad hair days rather than uninspired, the other day I looked in the mirror and saw Beethoven, he was quite charming really.

Have a great day, laugh smile and be interesting(everybody is).




No comments:

Post a Comment