Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm Getting Ready


I woke up this morning with a peace in my heart that differs from the dream I awakened from.  I am ready to serve my purpose.  My purpose is to bring light from the darkness and find love in all things. 
Love is the answer to all questions.  I have been blessed to love much in a very imperfect world.  I learned to love unconditionally at a young age and it has served me well.  I approach life with a kind and compassionate heart.  Yes I am a mere mortal who has made many mistakes in my life, but the one constant in my life is love.

I have been so blessed to have the unconditional love of my mother for the beginning of my life and the unconditional love of my son for my latter years.  I have been blessed to have the love of friends and family  many who I have known since my childhood and have many beautiful soulful new friends.  I am blessed to have the love of the needle arts which have carried me from childhood to adulthood.  They are the one constant in my life that has seen me through many losses and light moments.   I have been blessed with the love of forgiveness, no matter what happens I forgive and perhaps not forget but move on.

And now I have the biggest challenge of my love life.  The challenge to love myself and forgive myself for not living up to my God given talents.  I need to love myself and forgive myself for allowing myself to be defined by the losses and anger that have kept me stuck most of my life. So that is where I am at the moment, a new step forward in forgiveness and love. 

I can’t do anything about the past.  I am unsure of my future.  But I can live each moment forward doing something that I love.  I can be the transformation from a person who has not lived up to my potential and become someone who is living her dream. 

I’m Getting Ready to Believe is a song by Michael Kiwanuka.  He has a beautiful voice and an inspirational message that is a thread throughout his work.   I am blessed to have a friend who recommended his music and Michael's music has gotten me through many dark moments in the last few months. 
 
Blessings to you on your journey of love and the walk towards the light from the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment